[Mimedefang] Question for the HOWTO page

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Jan 24 20:09:23 EST 2006

I was wondering if we could update the HOWTO pages to describe
installing Mimedefang and Spamassassin both on a system, so that
the former is run, then the latter, or incoming email.

I'd like to be able to reject mail that fails certain tests, like containing
Hebrew, Cyrillic, and Han character sets (for instance)... rather than
accepting it and marking it as spam.

Why?  Well, if the ratware sees enough rejections, I'm hoping they
will eventually decide that it's not worth the resources to try to send
me mail and will eventually delete me from their mailing list.

I'm running FC3, and modified spamassassin and sendmail, the latter
as:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimdefang',
`S=local:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:1m;R:1m')
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamassassin/sock,
F=, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')

(I noted at the time that Spamassassin defaults to a TCP socket and not a
UNIX domain socket, at least under FC3, so /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin
had to be modified to add --socketpath=... to it.)

-Philip