[Mimedefang] mimedefang and spamassassin problem

George han_solo_2045 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 06:07:27 EST 2006

Hi,
I have a problem when running mimedefang 2.54 and
spamassassin 3.0.4.
I have followed the mimedefang howto. When I start
sendmail I get in the logs:
Jan  4 13:00:44 redhat-test
mimedefang-multiplexor[7388]: Slave 1 stderr:
auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed:
locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile
/home/geelef/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.redhat-test.7428
for /home/geelef/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock:
Permission denied

first it was looking for auto white list in the
/home/defang which doesn't exist. I changed it by
adding
auto_whitelist_path
/home/geelef/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
in the sa-mimedefang.cf in etc/mail

also I would like to know with what options mimedefang
starts spamd and where this is defined. I checked
mimedefang.filter and all I see is the: my($hits,
$req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();

Any pointers are welcomed.
thanks,
george