[Mimedefang] Getting Vexira to work again

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at roadway.com
Tue Jan 3 13:39:43 EST 2006

List,

Since they completely re-wrote their antiv-virus scanner engine last year
(in an effort, I suppose, to break their ties with HBEDV's AntiVir), has
anyone tried updating MIMEDefang to work with the new Vexira A/V engine from
Central Command?

I could provide syntax documentation and return/exit codes for the new
engine, to anyone who might be interested in such creating an update, but my
perl skills are not strong enough to feel comfortable creating the needed
code changes, in MIMEDefang.

Otherwise, I would suggest that MIMEDefang drop support for Vexira.  The old
engine is no longer supported by Central Command, and virus signatures have
not been available for it, since March 2005.

Ken