[Mimedefang] Question for the HOWTO page

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Mon Jan 30 10:13:34 EST 2006

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Philip Prindeville wrote:

> Does everyone use the built-in scoring, or do they write their own?

   I use a combination of both (and I suspect most longtime MD/SA users do
also).  Furthermore, in my local sa-mimedefang.cf file I have both
rulesets that I came up with, and some from sites like this one:

	http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm

> Also, instead of flagging spam, what about just rejecting the email in
> filter_end() if SA reports too high a probability of it being spam?

   We flag at 5 and reject at 9.1.

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville