[Mimedefang] Adding support for learning our addresses

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Sat Jan 28 16:01:25 EST 2006

Sure you can, I think you are over complicating it as well, it would
cost less to read in an external config file once that contains these
'variables.' It can even be something as simple as a cfg file in
/etc/mail/ with one IP per line or some such... we tie to a hashed db
config file (ours does more than set IPs) for this type of thing all the
time and it does simplify bringing up a new server quite a bit.

Something else unrelated to note... if your server talks to MUAs then
you will want to exempt any user from your helo stuff that authenticates
(we also exempt based on the senders IP if we are certain of the IP and
it is ours).

Jim