[Mimedefang] Nod32 integration on Mimedefang

Giovanni Mellini mellini at alter.it
Fri Jan 27 13:32:03 EST 2006

Hi all, guys   :)

Today I wrote a simple patch to mimedefang.pl to run nod32 antivirus on
my Linux box.
I don't know if someone did the same, but I can't find anything similar
on the web

My config:
I use sendmail with libmilter, mimedefang2.54 and the last version of
nod32 (the eval version) for Linux (downloaded from home page)

I installed nod32 in /opt directory and I made a sym link /opt/nod32 to
/opt/nod32-1.04-1_101 dir

The patch to mimedefang.pl is quite simple; I wrote 3 functions
(cut&paste & some adjust :)

sub entity_contains_virus_nod32 ()
sub message_contains_virus_nod32 ()
sub interpret_nod32_code ($)

and I did some little adjustment to the perl code in the right places :)

Attached the output of diff beetween my original mimedefang.pl
(mimedefang.pl.orig) and the patch I wrote.

I hope this is useful for who wants to use nod32 with mimedefang; this
configuration works for me, in conjunction with clamAV, I have no
problems until now :P
I hope this is a starting point to include nod32 antivirus support in
future releases.

Cheers
Giovanni

--