[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.55 is released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jan 24 10:59:24 EST 2006

Cormack, Ken wrote:

> Looking through the sample redhat-related files (specifically, the
> mimedefang-init and mimedefang-sysconfig scripts, do you have any plans to
> incorporate support for the new -H flag, for filter_helo?

Doh!  I forgot.  I added it to the generic startup script, but
not the Red Hat ones.  Thanks to all the beta testers who caught that! :->

To be honest, I don't think filter_helo is useful.  It has the same
effect as filtering on HELO during MAIL (because of the way Sendmail
works), so I really think it's a waste of time.

However, for consistency, I suppose we should add MX_HELO_CHECK support
to the Red Hat init files.