[Mimedefang] bad_filename: mim

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Thu Jan 19 13:26:36 EST 2006

> > It looks like a new virus spreads using (among others) .mim files...
> I've never heard of that extension.  Is it a windows
> executable or outlook script of some kind?

It’s a MIME-encoded file which is of type message/rfc822, so presumably you
can embed anything you want into it, and watch it sail past most scanning
programs as text content, only for some dumbass mail client (Outlook?) to
present it as a standard attachment which opens up into a mail message with
an executable attachment.

Definitely one for the banned list now...

Best Wishes,

Paul.