[Mimedefang] Stream_by_domain

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Jan 18 13:59:40 EST 2006

WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
> I may be able to get them.  How well does RHEL 3 handle 50 addresses bound
> to one NIC?

 From experience I can say that RH7.3 handles that just fine (actually,
at one point that box had 200 IPs bound to one NIC).  WBEL should be
pretty much the same.

It *does* get a little loopy about outbound connections of any knd
though;  it will likely pick the highest IP in the range as the "source"
IP sooner or later.  I've never figured out why.

I should note that this does NOTHING to help or hinder with respect to
multi-domain emails;  everything still travels through a single
sendmail/mimedefang instance.

Can you describe what you're trying to do in a little more detail?  It
sounds a little like a system I've had running for a while, but it also
sounds like you might be trying to virtualize hosted domains a little
more completely that I've bothered with.

-kgd