[Mimedefang] 40K+ emails a day and choking

John SysAdmin at 180com.net
Tue Jan 17 12:22:05 EST 2006

At work here at 180 I am handling 200K/day easily with a Dell 2650 w/ twin
2.8 Xeon, 4Gig Ram NFS mounted maildirs running SM, MD, SA & Clamd.  The
only bottleneck is a 1999 vintage NetApp which is about to be replaced.  LA
~1 most of the time except when the NetApp gets clogged <G>

At 09:20 AM 1/17/2006, you wrote:

> [...]

John Jaeger
System Administrator
OneEighty Communications

(888) 342-5987
(406) 294-4034
Email: jjaeger at OneEighty.com

"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."
    - Unknown