[Mimedefang] OT: Sendmail vs. Qmail

John Barton jbarton at technicalworks.net
Mon Jan 16 16:14:17 EST 2006

Ben Kamen wrote:
> Does anyone know of any TLS issues with Qmail Servers talking to Sendmail?
>
> I seem to have 1 server I send emails to that consistently have TLS
> handshake problems.
>
> It's the ONLY server I see problems like that with.. So I'm not thinking
> it's me.

I have seen this issue with a CentOS server running sendmail that always
failed negotiation with my qmail server that offered TLS, even though I
did not configure the sendmail machine to attempt TLS with that system.
I just recompiled my sendmail RPM without TLS support because it wasn't
important to me to have TLS between the 2.
-John