[Mimedefang] building a caching dns to keep uri blacklist lookups

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Mon Jan 16 04:37:05 EST 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Stephen Ford wrote:

> I just got done talking with an engineer from a spam
> filter company that mentioned there is a way for uri's
> to be saved to the local caching dns so the next
> lookup will be local.  I just thought having a local
> dns would do that.  Did I miss something in my setup?
> If so, what do I need to change?

Some RBL's offer to download all the data in their database awhole, mostly
via rsync; then you can install these zone files directly to your local
DNS server and can retrieve the data without any remote DNS lookups.

If this really makes sense for you highly depend on the amount of requests
your configuration makes.

Bye.

--
Steffen Kaiser