[Mimedefang] Mimedefang + SA go crazy !

ms at interspace.net ms at interspace.net
Sun Jan 15 03:22:05 EST 2006

hi,

Now that i upgraded to SA 3.1 I have new problems.
Today (sunday) SA started consuming all cpu resorces!!
It opens threads/proccesses and use up to 98% cpu!!!! WTF???
Sometimes only one instance of SA will use 98% cpu?!?!?
SA is called from mimedefang-filter (i don't run spamd).

I don't have to say that this is cuasing big problems for me and the company...
I also noticed (using top) that the spamassassin proccess are invoked by
'regular' users of the mailserver , eh?? (the local delivery mailbox
users...non of them has shell access...)
also...when cpu is not used by 'user' or 'sys' then the 'wait' state has the
~90% instead of 'idle' why is that so?

pls advise,
Meni

Here some details (although i'm sure you're familiar with them since my last
post last week.. ;-))
OS: debian 3.1
MTA: sendmail 8.13.4
Mimedefang: 2.54