[Mimedefang] Mimedefang errors: What might be the cause?

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Sat Jan 14 18:57:53 EST 2006

Hi,

> > Also - how do I find out how many slaves Mimedefang is configured to
have
> > and should I increase that? If so, how?
>
> Check your startup script.

I looked in the startup script: /etc/init.d/mimedefang   The only things in
there that have to do with slaves are:
# MX_SLAVE_DELAY=3
# MX_MIN_SLAVE_DELAY=0
# MX_LOG_SLAVE_STATUS_INTERVAL seconds
# MX_LOG_SLAVE_STATUS_INTERVAL=30
# MX_STATUS_UPDATES=yes
# MX_MAX_RSS=10000
# MX_MAX_AS=30000

Quite honestly none of these look like settings I could tweak to increase
the maximum number of slaves. In my maillog I have this:

Jan 14 10:40:23 Raydeus-Dee mimedefang-multiplexor[1211]: started;
minSlaves=2, maxSlaves=10, maxRequests=500,
maxIdleTime=300, busyTimeout=600, clientTimeout=10

and I think the maxSlaves looks like it is low to me.

By the way, I'm using RedHat 7.2, mimedefang version 2.48, and SpamAssassin
version 3.0.1  running on Perl version 5.8.5 (I'm basically using MimeDefang
to run Spamassassin).

Guess I need more help then this to increase maxSlaves. Sorry.

Lisa Casey