[Mimedefang] validating 'possibly forged' helo IP's?

Mack roaringpenguin.com at bass-speaker.com
Fri Jan 13 18:20:33 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Mack [mailto:mack at bassspeaker.com]
Sent: 13 January 2006 23:20
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: RE: [Mimedefang] validating 'possibly forged' helo IP's?

It's a cath 22 really, how many fw/admins will configure to only d/load from
MS IP's ? (none i bet)
so it gives the if the patch can be d/loaded, so can anything else should
the server be compromised !

But then, why run windoze servers on the inet, !! only valid reason i can
think of these days is sun bought chillisoft (asp emulator for apache) which
cost a damn fortune! (oh and asp.net sucks big time! - hell paul allen (or
the MS guy who just did the PDP emu site on .net) can't even make his site
SQL safe!)

But anyway, not the list for such discuission, so i guess closing it from
this !