[Mimedefang] validating 'possibly forged' helo IP's?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Jan 12 11:19:10 EST 2006

1.  There is only one ptr record per IP.
2.  Yes.
3.  No.  Validation is pretty much impossible.  Most of the time, validation
consists of it is $ptr ne ''.
4.  I don't know what end goal you are trying to achieve but using reverse
records for any type of sercurity or blocking has pretty high false positive
rates.  ISPs in my experience don't even really care about setting reverse
DNS up.

Regards,

KAM