[Mimedefang] EOM ACK/NAK timeout

Stephen Ford stephenmford at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 10:43:12 EST 2006

If you've been keeping with my drama my
spamassassin/mimedefang box is having trouble
processing 40K+ messages a day.  In the evening/early
morning we are fine *but* when our 10 meg pipeline
gets about 50% my box starts to choke.  I've added a
local caching dns and that helped a little.

Can someone tell me about this
milter_data(mimedefang):EOM ACK/NAK timeout.  I
haven't found many references to the issue and no
explaining it.

On a seperate note, someone suggested lowering the
timeouts for the rbl lookups to 5 seconds rather then
default 30, I'm going to see if I can find where to
set that.

Also, (yes I know this is wrong but I'm not allow to
change our setup) my spamassassin box is the third hop
in our mail servers.  I'm wondering if my box is
checking againest the rbl's each time it gets an
email.  Is there away to set my trusted servers so
that part is skipped?