[Mimedefang] limiting SA's RBL timeouts

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Thu Jan 12 10:18:37 EST 2006

On the latter point first, I don't think SA looks at all IP's in
the headers.  Using the trusted_networks configuration parameters,
you can tell it whhich Received lines it can trust.  It will then
check the incoming IP's on those lines, but I don't recall whether it
does RBL checking on those lines by default.  SA also does RBL checking
on IP addresses derived from URL's in the message body, which is
something that would be quite a bit of work for MdF.

We do use RBL's via sendmail's access list, using a program called
spfilter to build up those access lists from known user-selectable
RBL's sources.  It works well.

   - Gary