[Mimedefang] poor performence from SA

Alan Premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Jan 12 06:11:49 EST 2006

ms at interspace.net wrote:
[snip]

> I have upgraded to SA 3.1 but i get strange actions...
> I think that the SA is now checked before mimedefang filters and skips
> other
> filters...(but i'm not 100% sure about that? how can check?)

Did you install spamass-milter during your 3.1 install?

> I stop about 1000 spam mail per day and get about 3000 legit mail per
> day (some
> of it SPAM!!)

are you saying that you block about 1000 spam per day and receive 3000
per day, some of which is spam?

by definition legit mail != SPAM.

> I noticed another very anoing problem that I posted before but could NOT
> resolved it here...which is GOOD email with spam score less then 5
> end-up in
> spamdrop instead of delivered to user mailbox!!!!!

what are you using to move the mail to your spamdrop? are you
quarantining the mail in mimedefang? are you pre-sorting to a different
folder using something like procmail? are you just discarding the mail?

we're a little short of useful information here.

> and checking the headers it says:
> [quote]
>        MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID autolearn=no version=3.0.3
> [end quote]
> this was from the spamdrop mailbox!! why is it there is the spam-status
> is NO
> ???

for one thing, this still shows it was scanned with version 3.0.3. are
you sure that you properly upgraded to 3.1? make sure that any
pre-existing 3.0.3 installation has been successfully removed.

most importantly, for anyone to provide you any assistance, you'll need
to provide more details about how you have it all installed.

hope this helps (even just a little)

alan