[Mimedefang] poor performence from SA

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Jan 11 23:25:05 EST 2006

On Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:51 PM +0200 ms at interspace.net wrote:

> Sendmail 8.13.4 + mimedefang 2.54 + SA 3.0.3 + clamav

A spam filter, like an anti virus, must be constantly updated to match the
spam that comes in. It's not something you install and forget about. I'd
recommend updating SA to 3.1.0 to get better results. Are you subscribed to
the SA users mailing list? There's a lot of people writing custom rule sets
to deal with the latest trends.

BTW, Clam just released a new version, I think to address a possible
security exploit. Check the clam-announce list.