[Mimedefang] Full vs Half duplex

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Jan 11 21:03:03 EST 2006

Well, besides being completely off-topic for this list, you should set speed and duplex to AUTO if
available.

Unless you have a 100Mbs SWITCH (not hub, there's a difference) to plug it into,
manually setting the duplex to full will gain you nothing and possibly wreak havoc on
the network.

For the next time though, you might want to ask your network administrator.

If you ARE the network administrator, may I recommend finding a book on the OSI protocol
stack that discusses ethernet (switched and shared) in depth.

Hopefully that answers your question,

 -Ben