[Mimedefang] 40K+ emails a day and choking

Jason Gurtz jason at jasongurtz.com
Tue Jan 10 19:49:31 EST 2006

On 1/10/2006 19:25, Stephen Ford wrote:
> We have a box from esafe that is our primary mail
> relay sitting in front of my box.  This handles the
> virus's *but* it prevents me from doing grey listing
> or using doing things at the MTA level.

My opinion is that this architecture is flawed from the beginning.  I
would think that most people would use a box running
MIMEDefang/Spamassassin/Clam AV *as* the SMTP firewall, not sitting behind
one.

> Also, what the *&^%$% is facebook.com!?!

AFAIK, It's a just a relatively popular social networking site that's used
by quite a few college students.

~Jason