[Mimedefang] Including archetypal filters to include in release?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Jan 10 19:47:25 EST 2006

David F. Skoll wrote:

>Or, the original poster may be invoking mimedefang without the "-r"
>option, in which case filter_relay is never called.
>
>Regards,
>
>David.

I wasn't paying attention, apparently, that the default config in
/etc/sysconfig/
didn't include sender and relay checking.  Or perhaps the name of the
variable
confused me (MX_...), since in the more frequent case that I was trying to
solve, it had to do with a UA and not an interim MXer...

Anyway, once that was straightened out, a lot of bugs in the logic
started to
show up (that and a lot of email got bounced or deferred).

I've attached what I've got now in place.  Next I'll try to integrate
Net::CIDR.

BTW:  In the case where there is no rDNS for an incoming connection...
what would be the approximate false positive rate be if we were to refuse
those connections (unless of course they were authenticated or local)?

-Philip