[Mimedefang] OT: weird units (was: Strange activity)

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Jan 10 13:47:06 EST 2006

Jan Pieter Cornet wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 04:07:19PM -0800, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
> wrote:
>> 40 cm and 400 cm are both silly heights for a door.
>
> Yes, I know, I should've said "1300 milligoad", which is a slightly
> more normal height for a small door. Most people would fit through a
> 1500 milligoad door.
>
> Hint: you'll probably want the program "units" to decypher this :)

Oy...

According to dictionary.com a goad is 10 feet:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=goad (last definition)

So a milligoad is a centifoot... 1300 milligoats is 13 feet!  Too big...

Ah, but according the units program a goad is 4.5 feet:
goad                    4.5 UKft     # used for cloth, possibly named after the
                                     #   stick used for prodding animals.

so 1300 milligoads is just under six feet (70 inches...)

Yet another sad conflict between the church and good, everyday science ;)

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer