[Mimedefang] Slave died prematurely -- check your filter rules

Mathew Thomas mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Sun Jan 8 23:24:23 EST 2006

David,

Thanks for the advice. After analysing the core, we have found that one
of the Perl module caused the problem. Fixed  that module and is working
fine.

Regards
Mathew

Mathew Thomas wrote:

> mimedefang-multiplexor[1709]: [ID 502711 mail.error] Reap: Idle slave
2
> (pid 6106) exited due to signal 11 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)

Signal 11 is probably SIGSEGV, so something is dying with a
segmentation
fault.  That's bad news.

You need to coerce your system into producing a core dump, and then
analyse
the core dump with a debugger.