[Mimedefang] Re: Strange activity

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:58:27 EST 2006

HI.

> From: "David F. Skoll"
> Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Strange activity
>
> All I can check is the MTU of the Ethernet interface, which is 1500.
> I doubt it's an MTU issue, because lots of normal mail (including
> large messages) is flowing through perfectly well.  Also, *all* of the

I myself I also doubt if it's an MTU related issue.
However, regardless if this is related or not, I suggest that mail servers will use by default a low MTU value,
for example 1300 .
As far as I understand, it can only improve performance and avoid some problems with no negative side effects.

My 2 cents.

Yizhar Hurwitz
http://yizhar.mvps.org