[Mimedefang] resending mail sent to /var/spool/mail

Stephen Ford stephenmford at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 16:49:37 EST 2006

We had one of our internal mail servers die for a
little while today and when I run mailq (I'm on a
Solaris 9 system) there are 1600 messages waiting with
connection refused errors in /var/spool/mqueue.
However, since I'm using mimedefang with sendmail as a
gateway, my sendmail processes are only looking at the
mimedefang socket for messages and since sendmail is
going to look in the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file, I'm
at a loss on how to get this messages delivered.  Ok,
just started to read the man pages and there is a -C
option I can use.....

Any suggestions for getting these messages out and
running another sendmail to check this queue?

Thanks