[Mimedefang] Strange activity

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jan 5 14:50:09 EST 2006

Yizhar Hurwitz wrote:

> I would like to suggest another possible explanasion to the "buggy" spam
> bot.
> Issues like that might also be related to MTU .

> Have you checked the MTU value of your customer mail servers?

All I can check is the MTU of the Ethernet interface, which is 1500.
I doubt it's an MTU issue, because lots of normal mail (including
large messages) is flowing through perfectly well.  Also, *all* of the
machines (well, at least all of the ones I can tell from a PTR record)
that are timing out are DSL, dial-up or cable modem machines.  If it
were an MTU issue, I'd expect to see the occasional "legitimate" mail
server having problems.