[Mimedefang] Re: set_reply returned MI_FAILURE

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Thu Jan 5 08:16:06 EST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Tim Boyer wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:17:04 -0500, "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Tim Boyer wrote:
>>
>>>         return action_drop_with_warning("....\n.....\n....\n");
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I've changed action_drop_with_warning to action_bounce.
>>
>>> Instead of bouncing, however, I'm getting the set_reply returned
>>> MI_FAILURE in logs, and the message is not being rejected.
>>
>> You can't have newlines ("\n") in the text part of a bounce message.
>> That's probably the problem.
>
> David, I'll give that a try - thanks much!  But just FYI, that's what's in the
> stock mimedefang-filter in 2.54:

drop and bounce are two different things.  drop simply discards the
message part while bounce refuses the message in the SMTP conversation.
You're using bounce, when the examples use drop.  See the
mimedefang-filter manpage for the details.

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
core services  support