[Mimedefang] ./mimedefang: line 1: [: missing `]'

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Mon Jan 2 16:17:46 EST 2006

Hello George,

As per David's earlier post which may also solve your issue:

-----------------------

There are annoying bugs in the 2.54 startup script; sorry!

Because of ancient and hairy UNIXy reasons, this snippet is not
valid:

	`[ -n "$SPOOLDIR"] && echo "-z $SPOOLDIR"` \

whereas this one is:

	`[ -n "$SPOOLDIR" ] && echo "-z $SPOOLDIR"` \

Spot the difference? :-)

Adding a space before the ] on lines 182 and 220 will make the
warning go away.