[Mimedefang] ./mimedefang: line 1: [: missing `]'

Justin justin at othius.com
Mon Jan 2 16:09:00 EST 2006

On 1/2/06, George <han_solo_2045 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I got this error when I try to start mimedefang using
> /etc/init.d/mimedefang start
> Starting mimedefang-multiplexor:
>      ./mimedefang: line 1: [: missing `]'
> [  OK  ]
> Starting mimedefang:
>      ./mimedefang: line 1: [: missing `]'
> [  OK  ]

I get a similar message with the freebsd port's init script since 2.54...

Starting mimedefang-multiplexor:                            [: missing ]
[  OK  ]
Starting mimedefang:                                        [: missing ]
[  OK  ]

Haven't had a chance to determine why yet. I don't think the init
script is throwing the error but i haven't yet determined where the
error comes from.

I think it may have something to do with require lines, but that's
mostly a guess.

-Justin