[Mimedefang] Re: Justifying greylisting to management

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:01:17 EST 2006

--On Sunday, February 26, 2006 22:29 +0200 Yizhar Hurwitz <yizhar at mail.com>
wrote:

> Some of the recipients that my customers send emails to, are using some
> sort of greylisting (I didn't check which method exactly).
> One of the recipients domain is "technion.ac.il"

$ host -t mx technion.ac.il
technion.ac.il mail is handled by 10 techunix.technion.ac.il.
technion.ac.il mail is handled by 20 mrelay.technion.ac.il.

I get connection refused at techunix.technion.ac.il.

At mrelay.technion.ac.il there is a greetpause.  Any chance Exchange
is not waiting for the 220 response?  That could not be normal for
Exchange but maybe it is (mis)configurable.

I didn't send any mail so I don't know whether I'd get greylisted.

Joseph Brennan