[Mimedefang] Don't see USER_IN_WHITELIST rule?

Barton L. Phillips admin at bartonphillips.com
Sun Feb 26 16:41:24 EST 2006

This is a post I made to the Spamassassin mailing list. I think this may
have more to do with mimdefang than spamassassin because of the last
experiment I made below:

*** post to spamassassin mail list ***

Yes I am sure I see the -100 score effect, here is an example from this
message posted to the list:

Note that it is mimedefang and not spamassassin that is writing the
X-Spam-Status from the filter_end() function which I have modified.

I added my whitelist_from commands to my local.cf file which is in
/etc/mail/spamassassin. I am sure that these
rules are being read as I have watch the startup with spamassassin -D
--lint

And I have run --lint with no errors.

I know I have muddied the water a bit with mimedefang but what I do in
filter_end() is pretty straight forward.

    my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();

     # look at $report and take the n.n tag part out

     my $myrpt = '';

     for my $ln (split '\n', $report) {
    next unless $ln =~ /^ *(\d+\.\d+) +(\w+) /;
    $myrpt .= "$1:$2;";
     }

     # Regardless of hit or miss generate the X-Spam-Status

     action_change_header("X-Spam-Status", &build_status_line($hits,
$req, $names, $myrpt));

The build_status_line() mimics SA's output pretty much to create
multiple wrapped lines of 'score:rule;...'

I write this in both ham and spam emails. The $myrpt is also written to
the log file.
I have never seen the USER_IN_WHITELIST rule.
Here is what I see if I run spamassassin from the command line on this
message after first doing a spamassassin -d to strip
off the headers and then doing a spamassassin <stripped-mail.eml

    USER_IN_WHITELIST,USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO autolearn=unavailable
    version=3.1.0

But not that the score=-107.0 is the same score I get via SA run by
mimedefang.
If no one here has an idea I will ask on the mimedefang list.

Thanks

--
Barton L. Phillips