[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang and mailman

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 21 21:22:04 EST 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 19:00, Michael Lang wrote:

> I don't mind if I have to put something like..
> if ($to == "list1" | $to == "list2") {
> 	$user = "mailman";
> }

You can do this, but you need to interface with SpamAssassin
at a much lower level.  You can't use our built-in spam_assassin_*
functions, because they instantiate one Mail::SpamAssassin object
which can't then have its user preferences changed.

Instead, read the Mail::SpamAssassin man page.  You need to create
a new Mail::SpamAssassin object for each different user, and each
object should point to the appropriate userprefs_filename.  With some
book-keeping, you can make these per-user objects persistent for an
entire slave's lifetime so you're not necessarily making a new
Mail::SpamAssassin object for each message.