[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 3.1.0 auto-whitelist lockfile problem

Harley Race flyingboxcutter at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 14:26:12 EST 2006

David F. Skoll said:

">>Open "mimedefang.pl" and find the
"spam_assassin_init" routine (line
>>6258 in MD 2.54).

You don't need to do that.  You can just create your
own $SASpamTester
object directly in your filter, using whatever
arguments you like
to Mail::SpamAssassin->new().  MIMEDefang will then
use your $SASpamTester
object.  Because it's in your filter rather than a
modified mimedefang.pl,
this method survives MIMEDefang upgrades."

So where do I declare $SASpamTester?  Do I do it
before  the line:

spam_assassin_init()->compile_now(1) if
defined(spam_assassin_init());

or do I do it after?  Your help would be most
appreciated.