[Mimedefang] blocking mail before getting to spamassassin

Stephen Ford stephenmford at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 11:20:14 EST 2006

Can someone give me some pointers on
rejecting/dropping mail before it gets to
spamassassin?  I'm running solaris 9, sendmail,
mimedefang and spamassassin.  I'd like to block some
messages at the sendmail level since that doesn't use
much cpu/memory (I'd think most zombie's, ratware,
spoofing can be stopped here).  Then within mimedefang
if the email fails the network checks to reject it/by
pass spamassassin testing (again trying to avoid using
too much cpu/memory) and then and only then run the
email through spamassassin.