[Mimedefang] OT: Disclaimer Madness

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Feb 13 22:10:32 EST 2006

My mother forwarded me a joke e-mail that had been forwarded many, many
times.  It picked up disclaimers here and there along the way.

Here, for your reading pleasure, are the disclaimers that were appended
to *one* e-mail message. :-)

Please note that I've reformatted the diclaimers to wrap nicely; most
of them were obnoxious single lines of 500+ characters...

By the way, if you feel you received this e-mail in error, feel free
to contact any or all of the e-mail addresses in the disclaimers.  I
won't stand in your way.

Information in this message is confidential and may be privileged. It
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not
the intended recipient(s) please notify the sender, delete the message
immediately and do not act upon it contents. Unauthorised disclosure,
distribution andc opying of this email is strictly prohibited. The
opinions expressed within this message are those of the individual
author. Whilst Brakes takes reasonable steps to scan this email it
does not accept liability for any virus that may bec ontained in it.

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of
conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and thend elete
the information from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs
Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp

City & Guilds is committed to achieving the Investors in Excellence
award by continuous improvement in our service to customers, and
caring for our people, society and the environment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This communication contains information which is confidential and may
also be privileged.

It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of
distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information
in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this communication in error please return it to the sender.

We should be grateful if you would also notify the IT Operations
Manager at City & Guilds of the e-mail, then delete it and destroy any
copies of it. To contact the IT Operations Manager, please email
Helpdesk at cityandguilds.com

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and
others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in
reliance on its contents is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have received this email in error, please delete it from your system
and contact the sender immediately.

History & Heraldry Ltd.

2 Denby Way, Hellaby Industrial Estate, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S66 8HR

Tel: 01709 730700  Fax: 01709 730900

The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it was addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact Rotherham
College at admin at rotherham.ac.uk or by using the reply facility in
your e-mail software, and then delete it from your system

Thank you for your cooperation

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message. Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed. Any views or opinions presented are
the Barclays Group. Replies to this email may be monitored by the
Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.