[Mimedefang] Re: Limiting access to "everybody" alias

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Feb 10 08:48:19 EST 2006

--On Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:21 PM -0500 Dirk the Daring
<dirk at psicorps.org> wrote:

>    Mailman has a web-based interface and a lot of features that
> MajorDomo lacks, but relies on Python (as opposed to Perl) and is harder
> to set up (IMHO, having done both). Of the two, I prefer Mailman (I used
> MajorDomo for 9 years, and promptly kicked it to the curb when I
> discovered Mailman).

I'm using Mailman already on my team server, just hadn't thought of using
it this way. I'll have to come up with a way to script additions and
deletions from my existing member DB (coded in PHP and MySQL).

Mailman is an RPM in Red Hat and Fedora, and easy to install. Config's a
little tricky, mostly a matter of getting the DNS and sendmail maps setup
right.