[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin DnsResolver.pm problem with Embedded Interpreter

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Feb 8 17:22:35 EST 2006

On Jul 1, 11:37am, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
} David Eisner wrote:
}
} > The problem is that the DnsResolver constructor calls connect_sock,
} > which opens a socket "to the first nameserver listed /etc/resolv.conf".
} > This produces error number 1.  Later, when the slaves are activated,
} > this file descriptor gets closed, resulting in error 2.
}
} Thanks for the good detective work!
}
} I've removed the lines from mimedefang-filter.  The benefit is marginal,
} and the risks are high, so it's best to just take them out.

     I use it so that I can call a couple of SpamAssassin functions
prior to calling spam_assassin_check().  The function are:

     $SASpamTester->load_scoreonly_sql($user);
     $SASpamTester->signal_user_changed({ username => $user });

My setup wouldn't work without them.  The first line tells SpamAssassin
which user prefs to fetch from the database in order implement
individual preferences.  The second line tells SpamAssassin which user
to use for Bayesian purposes (also stored in a database).  Perhaps a
better option would be to move the lines to filter_initialize().

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"