AW: [Mimedefang] network-tests with mimedefang 2.54andspamassassin3.1.0

Florian Meister Florian.Meister at medienhaus.at
Sat Feb 4 12:55:47 EST 2006

As I understand it, these files are only loaded when unsing spamassassin directly. If you use the Mail::Spamassassin perl module, with mimedefang you tell the module which config to use. So I have moved all other config which maybe make problems somewhere. The only spamassassin config I have is the sa-mimedefang.cf. If I run spammassassin --lint -D specifying the mimedefang config, everything looks good. This is the only config I need, in this config all modules are loaded, and there are all settings in it. When I look in the sample v310.pre and init.pre there are only modules loaded. The .pre files are only to split up the spamassassin config to make it more readable as I understand it.

>> In my config razor2 and dcc is enabled, if I test the config with
>spamassassin --lint -D everything works fine. The debug output shows me,
>that spamassassin --lint -D uses the symbolic link to my mimedefang config.
>So they use the same config.
>
>Now, how about if you do that as the user that runs mimedefang (which
>isn't root)?
Have tried it, same problem

>> I tried to strace mimedefang.pl with a sample mimedefang-spool-directory
>and I have not found anything special. When I grep for "open" it does load
>the dcc-plugin and the razor plugin, but it does not connect to our dcc-
>server or to a razor2 server.
>
>Have you disabled the tests in your sa-mimedefang.cf file?
No, all tests are activated. If I try it with the well known "spamassassin --lint -D" ;) everything went fine

Thank you, florian