[Mimedefang] Unintended consequences

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Dec 27 23:30:04 EST 2006

Kenneth Porter wrote:

>--On Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:16 PM -0700 Philip Prindeville
><philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
>

>>Thunderbird names the attachment whatever the subject line is,
>>and encodes it as message/rfc822.
>>

>I'd raise a bug against Thunderbird. It's really a bug/vulnerability in
>Windows, but Tbird should at least add ".eml" or ".txt" if it's going to
>name the attachment.
>
>Meanwhile, you could rename the attachment with MD.

As someone who occasionally contributes fixes to T-bird, I get
a little tired of adding total braindeath to multi-platform software
because of one OS that has so many security holes.

The amount of effort spent on workarounds has many times
outweighed the effort to secure the OS.

Diminishing returns.

-Philip