[Mimedefang] $RelayHostname not matchingsendmail's Receivedheader?

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Sat Dec 9 22:28:03 EST 2006

On 9 Dec 2006 at 15:16, John Rudd wrote:

> > So, I vote for any change to the Botnet code that ends up with my type
> > of situation (which is pretty much what Jan-Pieter was also describing)
> > not getting rejected.
> >

> Do you have a valid SPF record for your domain?  One that says that host
> is the right one?

Yes, although it is a "softfail":

nabs.net.               86400 IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:71.246.216.106/31 mx
a:static-71-246-216-107.washdc.fios.verizon.net a:saber.nabs.net ~all"

> I'm thinking about having Botnet let through hosts with valid SPF.  That
> might be easier (and more accurate) than the "dns check vs sender's
> email domain" route.

Since you're trying to stop bots, that would work.  For more
"reputable" spam, though, you can't do anything more than adjust the
score for valid SPF...automatically passing it through would result in
a lot of extra spam.

--
Jeff Rife | "Having your book turned into a movie is like