[Mimedefang] $RelayHostname not matchingsendmail's Receivedheader?

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Wed Dec 6 14:55:28 EST 2006

John Rudd wrote:
> Michael Sims wrote:
>> John Rudd wrote:
>>> What exactly is it that you're trying to do?
>>
>> Get the PTR for the connecting relay, even if the forward and
>> reverse lookups don't match.  Apparently $RelayHostname only
>> contains the PTR if they do match.  Currently I'm checking for this
>> and using Net::DNS to get the PTR myself if necessary...
>
> That part I could figure out.

Oops, sorry. :)

> I meant "what are trying to accomplish once you have that PTR record"?
[...]
> c) the hostname doesn't contain 2 or more octets of its IP address in
> hex or decimal form
> d) the hostname doesn't contain certain "client like" keywords (dsl,
> dynamic, dialup, etc.)

Pretty much c) and d) above.  I'm adding additional headers that people can opt to use for filtering if they want.

Thanks for the pointer to Botnet, I wasn't aware of its existence.  I'll definitely check it out.  It looks like it requires SA 3.x, though, right?  I'm still on 2.64 and I don't think it has the plugin architecture, but I could be wrong...