[Mimedefang] How to change $Subject for newly added recipient

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 5 09:09:00 EST 2006

borek ohera wrote:

> I've got this following situation. If mail comes from specific sender to
> one of the chosen recipients, new recipient is added and I'm trying
> either change the Subject or partially change the mail body, but only
> for this recipient.

You can't do it the way you illustrated.  MIMEDefang just remembers
the changes you asked it to make, and asks the milter to do them
*after* you filter code has all finished.

If you *really* want to change the subject just for one recipient,
you have to re-mail a new copy of the message just for that recipient.
But you can't just set $Subject; you actually need to write your own
function that invokes Sendmail and feeds it the message with the modified
subject.