[Mimedefang] two md_check_against_smtp_server questions

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Mon Dec 4 10:43:55 EST 2006

John Rudd wrote:

> 2) Has anyone set up a means of caching results?  I don't want to hit my
> back-line servers constantly with these requests.

I'm caching this in the SQL database in out filter at <http://whatever.frukt.org/>.
(Our filter was allready using a local SQL database for other stuff.)

I do a check against the servers to validate senders (if from our locally served domains) as well as recipients, and caching helps lower the load when some idiotic piece of software tries to send to or from the same invalid address 40 times in 20 seconds...

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet