[Mimedefang] replace_with_url with multiple small attachments

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Wed Dec 20 05:07:14 EST 2006

hello

I have action_replace_with_url() working nicely.

I cannot quite get my head around what scripting I need to deal with
multiple attachments where no single one is larger than the permitted
maximum but where the total number of attachments does exceed that
size.  Where one or more parts are greater than the max permitted
then those parts are replaced with links as expected.

As the size test is against $entity then it is only triggered if that
part is greater that the chosen maximum.  I tried triggering max size
against the size of "./INPUTMSG"  but it seems not as simple as that.

Appreciate some pointers to scripting so that I could reduce the
delivered mail size to below the max. size incorporating as many
replace_with_url() replacements as necessary to construct such a
message.

thank you.

rolf.