[Mimedefang] OT: RBL checking in Sendmail

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Fri Dec 15 20:35:16 EST 2006

On 16 Dec 2006 at 0:08, Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:

> Note, by the way, that you really want to test this at RCPT To time,
> so you can exempt addresses like abuse@ and postmaster@ from the DNS
> blacklists, so users who are incorrectly placed on those blacklists
> can still contact you.

This brings up another question that's somewhat related to David's not
accepting e-mail for "postmaster" from "<>".

What's the thought about rejecting an e-mail to postmaster, abuse,
etc., if there are other recipients that aren't in the "required to
exist" RFC list?

Basically, what I do now is look for those key addresses in
filter_recipient and don't reject at that stage if it is one of those,
and then in filter_begin I scan the @Recipients list for any of them,
and also don't reject (except for viruses).

But, some spam creeps through that is addressed to at least one of them
and some other address.

--
Jeff Rife |

http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/RhymesWithOrange/ObedienceFinal.jpg