[Mimedefang] Filtering usernames

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Dec 15 12:05:30 EST 2006

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> That reminds me: Is there a way to change the character used for plussed
> addressing, perhaps to add "." so that either "+" or "." can be used?

It would require deep hacking of the sendmail.cf file.  (I don't
think you can do it at the .mc level, unfortunately.  You'd need
to look at the prototype .cf fragments that Sendmail ships with the
m4 building system.)

> That way I can just always use "." in web forms. Most seem to accept that.

Not to blow our own horn too much :-), but you need
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/469271/2585