[Mimedefang] Return-Path help

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Dec 15 10:36:07 EST 2006

> I can't figure out how to make sieve add the correct name in the return
> path, so is there a way to make Mimedefang do it on the way out?

Automatic replies like vacation should ALWAYS come from <>.  The
envelope sender <> means "do not reply".  The purpose is to prevent
automatic replies from replying to each other indefinitely.

>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> <someuser at domain.com>
>    (reason: 556 Mail from nullsender not allowed (#5.7.1))

As David said, this host's configuration is broken.  The users on it
will not get any delivery status notifications.  No bounces, no vacation
replies, and so forth.  Let it go.  You can't help them.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer