[Mimedefang] Mysql connections

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Thu Dec 14 12:48:15 EST 2006

>>If you put a dbh->prepare statement immediately before each execute(), it should work...bearing in mind that I
>>haven't been able to test this.

> Only advantage gained here is the persistant connection, as the prep
> statements (or prep_cached) seem to have their own large overheads..

So write a new connect_cached() which also re-prepares the statements on a reconnect...

Alternatively, have filter_tick defined, and make it run a query on the database, then configure the multiplexor to use the tick function, which will stop the connection timeout.

Paul.

Paul Murphy
Head of I.T.
Argenta Discovery